Forward SMS Received in Webhook to Zendesk via Zapier
All companies surely want to make their customers happy. Some may opt to subscribe to different ticketing systems like Zendesk to help improve customer service. Thus, improving customer experience. In this article, we will help you offer more convenience to your customers by reaching you through their mobile devices.
With the help of Zapier, you can now forward all customer SMS to your Zendesk account and log a ticket. We only need to set-up 3 things: An SMS blast, SMS webhook, and a Zap (Zapier).
In creating SMS Blast and Webhook, please click here and refer to “Creating SMS Blast – engageSPARK” and “Creating SMS Webhook – engageSPARK” sections of the article.
Create a Zap – Step 1
- Choose webhook as trigger app.
- Select catch hook and hit Continue.
- Hit continue on the next page.
- Get the URL by clicking the copy to clipboard button
- Then, you can follow the steps here in Phone Numbers: Incoming SMS Rules and use the Make API Request from the Actions Menu.
- If all works well and everything was set up correctly, you should get a success message after you send a test SMS to your virtual number.
In any case that you get an error message here, make sure that you have already launched your SMS webhook and SMS blast. Then, reply to that SMS when received. You need to have a virtual number in order to receive SMS from your contacts. If you don’t have one yet, please contact support at helpteam@engageSPARK.com or use the live chat facility.
Create a Zap – Step 2
- Search for Zendesk as your action app.
- Select “Create Ticket” as Zendesk’s action.
- Connect your Zendesk account to Zapier and provide the required details below, all of which can be found on your Zendesk account.
- Set up how you want a newly created ticket to appear on Zendesk. A template will be provided where you need to fill out all the required and necessary details.
- Hit Continue.
- If all details provided on the template are correct, you should see a success message.
- Lastly, turn on your Zap.
Zapier Integration »
Connecting your engageSPARK account to Zapier »
Google Sheets – engageSPARK Integration via Zapier »
Salesforce – engageSPARK Integration via Zapier »
Forwarding SMS Responses to Google Spreadsheet via Zapier »
Forward SMS to Email via Zapier »
Scheduled Personalized SMS Blast Via Zapier »
Have questions or need a little extra help?