Take CATI to the next level by leveraging automation before, after, and during your live call surveys
Utilize the one-on-one nature of computer-assisted phone interviews (CATI) to collect valuable data in real-time.
Build CATI surveys that integrate with other communication channels
Integrate text and media
Respondent data privacy
Caller ID masking
Pre-CATI initial surveys
Update contact data
Survey progress status
How 60 Decibels is able to conduct in-depth social impact research in countries where it has no local researchers
60 Decibels measures the social impact of various businesses and NGOs worldwide, leveraging its team of more than 1,000 local researchers in 80+ countries who speak over 200 different languages.
In the instances where 60 Decibels needs to conduct research in countries outside of its researcher network, they work alongside engageSPARK’s CATI survey platform to complete their research. Interviewers from nearby countries (who speak the same language as the target country population) log in to the engageSPARK web app, where they conduct the survey via live phone calls.
engageSPARK ensures that respondents receive calls from a local number, which helps increase pick up rates and creates trust. Researchers can only see the list of contacts they need to interview, and PII (personally identifiable information) like phone numbers is hidden from them.
What’s more, 60 Decibels integrates post-CATI call automation: a “thank you” SMS is automatically sent to respondents right when an interview ends. Sometimes, 60 Decibels also sends top-up incentives and automated follow-up surveys asking how the CATI call went.
We recently started using engageSPARK’s CATI platform, and it’s been another rewarding experience. We particularly love the “Easter eggs” built into the CATI campaign, like being able to configure a thank you SMS to be sent to respondents right after an interview ends. And as always, the support is out of this world. We couldn’t ask for a better partner.”
Top ways organizations use engageSPARK’s CATI survey software
Non-profit organizations use engageSPARK's CATI survey campaign to get valuable feedback from program participants in rural areas.
- Reach out to potential participants on services available to them and how they can benefit from your programs.
- Discuss current topics with your contacts and how it affects them through one-on-one phone conversations.
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with your program participants to find out how they have implemented new practices based on NGO teachings.
- Collect important data without limiting responses, allowing participants to fully think through their answers.
Research universities are able to utilize CATI to collect data at scale without sacrificing important details.
- Double-check inconsistent data by calling the participants and getting more accurate answers.
- Understand the drivers behind social behaviors through open-ended telephone surveys.
- Get detailed answers and results through one-on-one conversations with participants.
- Conduct important research on any subject, at any time from anywhere without needing a tech team!
- Get in-depth feedback from education programs and learn how you and your organization can improve your programs and research.
Take CATI to the next level with all of our automation features that can take place before, during or after your calls
- Send out pre-CATI surveys to get initial feedback and then call people to ask them specific questions related to their previous answers.
- Add media into your surveys: send images via text or WhatsApp and ask your participants about them.
- As questions are answered, update your CRM in real-time using API calls.
- After the call, send the promised airtime top-up together with feedback questions.