So you’ve launched your SMS Survey campaign but now you want to see the responses of your end users. You can easily check on it via the Reports page of each of your campaigns. It’s also available in your Messages Page. But what if you want to have more freedom in customizing your own report and prefers to have the responses forwarded to your Google Spreadsheet? This is possible with Zapier.
Here are the things that you need to set-up: SMS Survey, Google Spreadsheet, and Zapier.
Creating your first Zap – Zapier
- Click the “Make a Zap” button at the center up beside your profile photo – it’s highlighted in orange so it’s hard to miss.
Note: You can also click Zaps tab.
- On the new page, choose “Webhook” as your trigger app.
- Hit “Continue”.
- Choose “Catch Hook” as trigger since we are going to capture or catch the messages that will be directed to the Zapier URL (more on this later).
- Hit “Save + Continue”.
- In Set-up options, you don’t have to input anything. Just click Continue.
- Click “Copy to Clipboard” to copy Zapier’s URL that we will be using on your SMS Survey.
Creating SMS Survey – engageSPARK
- Go back to your engageSPARK account and create a sample SMS Survey campaign. Please note that you need to have a virtual number in order to receive SMS from your contacts. If you don’t have one yet, please contact support at helpteam@engageSPARK.com or use the live chat
- In every choice of your SMS survey questions, you can add a Make API request action from the Actions Menu where you then paste the copied Zapier webhook URL in step #7 above of Creating your first Zap – Zapier.
- You can launch your test SMS survey to your number and then reply to the survey question.
Going back to your Zap – Zapier
- Click “OK, I did this” and wait for Zapier to connect to your webhook.
Note: If it says it can’t find your webhook, you probably missed something from the steps above.
- If test shows successful, click “Continue”.
- Choose Google Sheets as your action app.
- Select “Create Spreadsheet Row”.
- Connect to your Google Account and hit “Continue”.
- Fill out the template
a. You need to have your Google Sheet already setup. The template will depend on what columns you specified on your spreadsheet. For this example, I have – First name, Last name, Phone number, and Message.
b. Select the name of your spreadsheet.
c. Choose the sheet where you want the responses to be forwarded.
d. Select From – this is if you want to show respondent’s first name on your sheet.
e. Select From – this is if you want to show respondent’s last name on your sheet.
f. Select From – this is if you want to show respondent’s phone number on your sheet.
g. Select Message – this is the part where you ask Zapier to catch the responses forwarded to your webhook.
- Hit “Continue”, “Create & Continue“, and “Finish”.
- Lastly, turn on your Zap.
Note: Once this is turned on, your earlier response to your SMS Blast will be made visible on your spreadsheet.
Zapier Integration »
Connecting your engageSPARK account to Zapier »
Google Sheets – engageSPARK Integration via Zapier »
Salesforce – engageSPARK Integration via Zapier »
Forward SMS Received in Webhook to Zendesk via Zapier »
Forward SMS to Email via Zapier »
Scheduled Personalized SMS Blast Via Zapier »