2-way SMS in the Philippines
There are instances when broadcasting information via 1-way sms is no longer enough, especially if you require a response from your recipients. Imagine all the data that you can collect in making sound decisions if you have the option to receive responses from your participants. At engageSPARK, we not only give you the power to reach out to your audience but also the capability to hear what your audience has to say via our 2-Way SMS engagements (to send and receive).
For 2-way SMS, you need a virtual phone number so people can send you an sms or reply to an sms you send them. Virtual Phone Numbers for the Philippines are not readily available on the platform but we can easily order these numbers from our telecommunications partners and the best thing about them is that they work with all telco networks in the Philippines! Globe, SMART, and Sun networks can send SMS to our virtual numbers. The numbers are actually toll-free, so it’s free for people to reply to SMS that you send them (no load will be deducted from their phones).
Try it for FREE
You can try our sample 2-way SMS engagement by texting TEST to 29290456. After texting the keyword to our virtual number, you’ll also get instructions back on how to try out our Automated Phone Call (IVR) functionality!
All you need to know about virtual numbers in the Philippines
- The number costs $49.99 per month with a $99.99 one-time setup fee. Each SMS you send costs $0.02. Each SMS you receive costs you $0.02 (it’s free for your customers, so you bear the cost).
- The number will start with 29290-xxxxxx with 4-6 digits where the x’s are (e.g., 29290 8989). If you’re interested in ordering one, please send along 3-5 choices for the suffix and we’ll see if one of them is available.
- It’ll take up to 24 hours (though normally, just 1-2 hours during business hours) to order the number for you and have it ready in your account.
- Each SMS has a maximum of 140 characters. You can send a maximum of 3 SMS (420 characters) in one message. You can only receive up to 140 characters in one inbound message (i.e., in a message sent by your users to the virtual number).
- While it’s free for people to send an SMS to your number (i.e., no load will be deducted from their phone), they must have a minimum amount of load to be able to send an SMS to the number (even though no load will be deducted from their phone): Smart/Sun: P1.00; Globe: P2.50
- Because of telco issues, we will automatically send a generic reply to a person anytime they send an sms to the number. You can specify this generic reply when ordering the number; it can be something like, “Thanks for your message. We’ll get back to you shortly. -ABC Company”