2-way SMS in the Philippines
Blasting out SMS messages is a great way to spread the word about your products, services and promotions. After all—SMS boasts an impressive open rate far above email. There is one catch: a blast is a one way street. That’s where 2-way numbers come in.
Why you need 2-way SMS
The trends are clear: The people you communicate with—your customers, beneficiaries and employees—don’t want to be talked to, marketed to. They want to talk with you. They want you to hear their voice.
That’s what 2-way SMS does: it allows them to take their phones and engage in a conversation with you, your business, your organization. And that’s a great opportunity!
Engaged customers are loyal customers. The moment you have a conversation, you feel connected, and that’s marketing gold in today’s fast-paced world. A customer is unhappy? Opportunity or danger: with everyone constantly communicating, they give feedback either to you—if you’re willing to listen—or to all of their friends and family.
Have you rolled out a new service and want to get feedback? A quick SMS Survey will give you all the right answers. For that, too, you need 2-way SMS. (Read more about how to conduct an effective SMS Survey.)
Try 2-way for FREE
You can try an example 2-way SMS campaign by texting:
- YES to 2158 1331 (Globe) or 22565 1331 (Smart/Sun)
- After you receive the automated SMS saying you are now subscribed, reply with ES <space> TEST
This kind of auto-responder you can set up in seconds in our easy-to-use web app.
Want to get started?
How it works
First, we get you a virtual phonenumber. It’s similar to a Skype-number: there is no SIM card, no phone, but it’s still a real phone number.
With this phone number you can receive real SMS from any phone in the Philippines, from any network (Globe, SMART, Sun, TnT, they’re all supported!). You can take out your iPhone with a Globe SIM card, text to that number, and your text will instantly show up in our web app.
When we receive an SMS you can use automatic responders to reply, if you want. (Try this below for free!) You could forward every incoming SMS to your CMS. Or you just read the SMS in our webapp—and then reply right away from the comfort of your browser.
That’s the other magic that 2-way virtual numbers can do: send texts to any phone in the Philippines. Tens of thousands of SMS, with the click of a button.
How to get virtual numbers for 2-way SMS
How can you get such a number? So easy—sign up for an account and then reach out to our friendly customer support. We’ll get you set up with ease.
The best thing about our PH numbers: They are toll-free.
Yes, that means it’s free for people to reply. (No load will be deducted from their phones.) And that increases the likelihood that someone replies: everyone gives feedback more happily or replies to surveys when it’s free to do so.
Try the demo above—because our numbers are toll-free, our demo is free for you!
All you need to know about virtual numbers in the Philippines
- There will be 2 sets of virtual numbers: 1 for Globe users only and 1 for Smart/Sun users only. Globe users can only send and receive texts from the Globe virtual number while Smart/Sun users can only send and receive texts from the Smart/Sun virtual number.
- The virtual number costs $20 per month with a $20 one-time setup fee. Each SMS you send costs $0.02. Each SMS you receive costs you $0.02 (it’s free for your customers, so you bear the cost).
- You will only be charged for one virtual number.
- The number will start with 2158-xxxx for Globe and 22565-xxxx for Smart/Sun with 4-5 digits where the x’s are (e.g., 2158 1331 and 22565 1331).
- It’ll take up to 48 hours to order the virtual number for you and have it ready in your account.
- You can only use the virtual number to send SMS to people who initially opted-in to the virtual number. People need to first text “YES” to the virtual number before you can send and receive messages from it. It is a telco-imposed policy for data privacy compliance.
- While it’s free for people to send an SMS to your number (i.e., no load will be deducted from their phone), they must have a minimum amount of load to be able to send an SMS to the number (even though no load will be deducted from their phone): Smart/Sun: P1.00; Globe: P2.50