Play audio message
This action is available for both keypress response and spoken response on Voice IVR survey campaigns. This allows you to play an audio message depending on what your contacts press on their phone keypad as answer to your voice question or right after your contacts record an audio response.
Send WhatsApp message
This action is only available on WhatsApp survey. This allows you to send a message, image, or voice message via WhatsApp depending on your contact’s answer to your WhatsApp question.
Send airtime top-up (mobile credit) to contact
You can trigger this action on SMS survey, Voice IVR survey, WhatsApp survey, and Drip campaign. This allows you to automatically send an airtime top-up or mobile credit to your contacts at any time depending on their responses to your question. Organizations take advantage of this feature to incentivize contacts for answering a survey. You can either decide to send out airtime before someone answers your survey or right after they complete your survey.
When you select airtime top-up from the actions dropdown, a pop-up will appear allowing you to input the maximum amount of airtime top-up you want to send out to your contact. It asks you for the maximum amount because the denominations that we can send vary by country and telco. We will send the amount you specify if it’s available for the contact; if it’s not available, we’ll send the next lowest amount available.
Make API request (Webhook)
Some examples of how you can use this action:
1. You can use this to automatically post SMS received to your endpoint URL.
2. You can automatically post responses received on SMS surveys, Voice IVR surveys, and WhatsApp surveys.
3. You can automatically post or save messages to google sheets via zapier
4. You can pass dynamic data in the JSON body.
This action will trigger an email to an individual or multiple email addresses and is available in SMS survey, Voice IVR survey, WhatsApp survey, and Drip campaign. You can use personalization on your message content and the email recipient.
This action will trigger an SMS back to the contact and is available in SMS survey, Voice IVR survey, WhatsApp survey, and Drip campaign. You can use personalization on your message content.
Send SMS to someone else
This triggers an SMS to someone other than the contact. For example, you can use this action to instantly notify your team members that an SMS came in for them to take action if someone completes a SMS survey, Voice IVR survey, WhatsApp survey, and Drip campaign.
This action automatically subscribes a contact to whichever campaign you want.
You can find this action in the Phone Numbers page where you can configure rules for each phone number you have in your account. This automatically unsubscribes a contact from all campaigns that they are currently subscribed to. There are 2 ways to trigger this: via invoming SMS rules or via incoming voice call rules. For incoming SMS rules, you need to set keyword triggers. For example, you might want to add keywords like “STOP” or “END” to trigger this action. You can have multiple keyword triggers.
Note: Keyword triggers are not case sensitive. If you set the keyword STOP, the action will still be triggered even if your contacts will send “Stop” or “stop”, etc.
This allows you to update any field in the contacts page for that contact (e.g., Gender, Age, Region, etc or any other custom fields you have added) with any text you want, the answer you received, or with the exact text message you received. There are 3 options on what you want to update the custom field with:
- Specific text I type below – This allows you to specify what exactly you want to be saved in the custom field based on their reply. For example in Voice IVR survey, if you ask for the gender and your contact pressed 1 for Female, instead of saving 1 as an answer – you can save Female in the custom field for Gender.
- The exact response – The exact response is exactly what the contact replied with, so long as it is a valid reply. For example in SMS survey, if you specify a range like 1-3 and the contact replies 2, then 2 will be saved in the contact field. If the contact replies with ‘yes!!’ and the matching answer is ‘yes’, then we save ‘yes!!’
- The answer – The answer is the answer Choice that triggers this action. if you specify a range like 1-3 and the contact replies with 2, then 2 will be saved in the contact field.
Jump to question
The jump to question is a powerful action that allows you to skip certain questions within your SMS survey, Voice IVR survey, or WhatsApp survey depending on your contacts’ response to your question. With this, you can create branching questions based on different qualifications like sending a different set of questions based on age group, gender, medical history, etc.
Note: You do not need to use Jump to question action if you just want to move to the next question (e.g., from question 1 to 2 or question 2 to 3). It is most useful for skipping certain questions (e.g., from question 1, skip questions 2 and 3, and send/play question 4).
Hangup / End campaign for contact
You can use this action if you want to end the Voice call, SMS survey, WhatsApp survey, and Drip campaign. This is best paired with Play audio message for Voice IVR survey, Send SMS to contact for SMS survey, Send WhatsApp message where you are letting your contact know that the survey is now ending for them – in order to end it smoothly and not abruptly.
Hangup action is for Voice IVR campaign:
End campaign for contact is for SMS survey campaign: