The Phone Numbers page allows you to configure rules on what you want the engageSPARK platform to do when you receive an incoming WhatsApp message to your virtual phone number.
To start configuring rules though, you first need to have a virtual phone number that has been set up as a WhatsApp number on your engageSPARK account. If you don’t have one yet, please reach out to our support team to request for one. Also, you need to be registered with WhatsApp before you can start sending messages via WhatsApp. We can help you with this so be sure to reach out to our support team. You can use our live chat facility or send us an email at helpteam@engageSPARK.com.
You have 4 options for configuring rules to your virtual phone number: Incoming SMS Rules, Incoming Voice Rules, Incoming Voice Campaign, and Incoming WhatsApp rules. This article focuses on Incoming WhatsApp Rules.
What are Incoming Rules useful for?
- You can acknowledge incoming messages by automatically sending responses back.
- Forward incoming messages to other members of your team via SMS or email.
- Update contacts fields.
- Make API requests to store the contact’s phone number in your ATS’ or CRM’s.
- And there are more actions you can trigger.
To configure your incoming WhatsApp rules follow these steps:
- Go to the Phone Numbers tab at the top of your screen. There you will find your WhatsApp enabled number. Click on the Configure Phone Numbers button on the right.
2. Then in the Incoming WhatsApp tab, click the button that says Add New Rule.
From there it’s up to you what sort of rules you want to configure for your phone number.
3. A New Rule section will show up where you can start setting your rules. Select the appropriate radio button of whether you want us to take action on every WhatsApp message that the virtual number receives or only on every unexpected WhatsApp message.
An unexpected WhatsApp message is one that is received when there is no question from a campaign waiting for a reply from the contact.
You will also be able to add conditions by clicking the Add Conditions button. When these conditions are met, the actions you set in the following step will run.
For example, in this condition, you are letting the system know that you want every incoming message that equals the word “Hello” to run a set of actions like sending back an automated WhatsApp response or subscribing them to one of your other campaigns – you can do so. You can add as many and/or conditions as you want and trigger as many actions.
4. After that, select from the dropdown menu one or multiple actions you want the system to do.
5. Lastly, save your rules by clicking the button and you’re done!
NOTE: you can add as many rules as you want.