Get Consent from Contacts
Before you start launching your WhatsApp messages and survey campaigns though, you first need to make sure that you get consent from your contacts. That they agree to receive messages from you via WhatsApp. There are different ways how you can go about getting consent:
1. You can advertise your WhatsApp number through flyers, tarpaulins, radio programs, etc. inviting people to text a keyword to your WhatsApp number to start getting messages from you via WhatsApp. Example:
“Hi, did you know that you can now receive weekly WhatsApp messages from company ABC on COVID-19-related updates? To subscribe, text COVID to 123456.”
2. Another option is you can send out a text blast to your existing contacts inviting them to click on your WhatsApp link (URL) to opt in or subscribe. Example:
“Hi [firstname], we are inviting you to participate in answering our 10-question WhatsApp survey. To get started, please click on this link: https://wa.me/123456?text=JOIN.”
3. In-person verbal consent when you collect the contact numbers from your events, training, etc.
4. You can also get online consent through social media when someone opts in to message you on any of your online channels. After they sent you a message, you can automatically subscribe them to a messaging WhatsApp campaign.
Let’s Get Started
To get started with creating your WhatsApp messages and surveys, open the Campaigns page and click WhatsApp Survey from the New Campaign dropdown.
Step 1: Content
In the first step of creating your WhatsApp campaign, you can choose between two content types: WhatsApp message or WhatsApp question.
The WhatsApp message, allows you to send a one-way message to your contacts via WhatsApp without needing a reply. You can use this for an introduction or welcome message.
The WhatsApp question on the other hand allows you to ask your contacts questions—so that’s how to create a questionnaire on WhatsApp.
There are 3 types of messages you can use
- Text-based Message – you can send your message and questions in a form of text via WhatsApp.
- Image – you can send images along with a text-based caption.
- Voice-based Message (IVR-type via WhatsApp) – you can upload audio messages that your contacts can listen to or play on WhatsApp.
You can use personalization in your text-based messages.
Types of WhatsApp Survey Responses
If you are running a survey, there are 2 ways you can gather responses in your WhatsApp survey campaign. Both of these response types are available to your contacts regardless if you are doing a text-based, image with text captions, or voice survey.
1. Specific Response
This type of survey response allows you to set specific allowable responses to your WhatsApp questions. For example, if your question is answerable by only either 1 or 2, then you specify that in the choices that those are the only responses you expect. However, the engageSPARK system allows you to add as many possible answers per choice as you want (e.g., your contacts can reply with either 1, yes, okay, satisfied, etc – and they will all fall under possible answers for choice 1). Not only that, but you can also add as many choices as you want (e.g., 1, 2, 3, 4, etc) depending on your question.
For each choice, you can add multiple actions. Actions are a powerful set of requests you want the system to do depending on a contact’s response to your question.