Missed Call Subscription
Missed Call Subscription is a cost-free method for users to subscribe or enroll in your program. When a person does a Missed Call (a.k.a. Flash or Beep) to a phone number, it triggers a voice call back or an SMS to her. The end users can dial the phone number and the system will intentionally not answer the call – it will automatically hang up after two to three ringtones. Within a minute, it will trigger the system to send the corresponding SMS or Voice campaign that you have assigned.
Advertise to your audience (e.g. flyers, radio, billboards) that they can make a free missed call (1) to sign up for your SMS or IVR campaign, (2) retrieve information, or (3) take a survey.
How to set-up a Missed Call Subscription
To activate this feature, a Virtual Phone Number is required to receive Missed Calls—to give people a local phone number to dial in. A virtual phone number can receive an unlimited number of simultaneous Missed Calls.
Once a virtual phone number is added to your account, you can start setting up a missed call subscription.
1. Go to the Phone Numbers page.
2. Click the Configure Phone Number button of the number you want to set-up.
3. Go to Incoming Voice Rules tab and click the arrow down icon to pull up the actions menu.
4. After that, click the dropdown icon to display the actions list.
5. Select Subscribe Contact to Campaign. This will automatically subscribe the contact to a live campaign – whichever you have decided to link. Other than Subscribing contact to a live campaign, you have other action options that you can choose from. It depends on what you want the system to do after someone miss calls your virtual number.
6. Lastly, hit Save.
Note: In some countries, prepaid users must have a minimum amount of airtime or phone credits to initiate a Missed Call. The airtime needed varies per country and may also vary per mobile network. Although users need airtime credits to initiate a Missed Call, no airtime will be actually deducted from their balance because our system will not answer the call. To this extent, using Missed Calls is an easy way to eliminate the cost barrier for low-income participants to self-subscribe to your campaign.
Have questions or need a little extra help?