IVR Simple enables information retrieval in a voice menu. Use it in conducting simple surveys or campaigns by asking pre-recorded questions—and have people answer by pressing keys during the call, or by leaving a spoken response. Robust reporting and statistics are available real-time to quickly get insights.
3-Step IVR Wizard
|❶ Content||Upload the mp3 file or record your audio directly on the website. Add different language versions if any—click Languages. Adjust Call Settings and enable Automated Call Retry at the bottom of the page—click Show Settings. See Recording Instructions »|
|❷ Contacts||Select contacts or groups OR incorporate a Missed Call Opt-in and/or SMS Opt-in so people can subscribe to receive the IVR messages. More about Step 2 »|
|❸ Confirm||Schedule when the IVR call will go out. Enter your phone number in the Caller ID field or select another Send route. Click Launch to set the engagement live or save it as a draft. More about Step 3 »|
Watch Video Tutorial (IVR Simple)
Upload mp3 or Record audio
Below are the different buttons for uploading mp3 files or for recording audio:
- Click Upload mp3 to select audio from your computer.
- Press Record to start recording audio directly from the website. Press again to stop recording.
- Select Languages to add mp3 versions in other languages for the same content.
- Click at the bottom part of Step 1 to insert another mp3 audio
Types of IVR Responses
There are three ways to capture user responses to your IVR questions:
Let contacts press keys on their phone to answer and the system will capture the keypress.
Contacts can speak their answer or feedback and the system will record their response.
Open Ended Keypress
Have contacts respond by entering multiple keys and the system will save their keypress answers.
Click on Show Settings button at the bottom of Step 1 to adjust the following call settings:
- Keypress duration: Adjust how many seconds the system waits for a contact to press a key (10 seconds default time). If no keypress is captured it will display “timed out” in the reports.
- Keypress chances: Enter the maximum number of chances a contact can press a valid key. The call will hang-up or loop to the next question/audio if the invalid answers exceeded the limit.
- Introduction message: Play an initial message at the beginning of the call (before asking the first question). This is optional.
- Goodbye message: Play a final message at the end of the phone call (after all questions before hanging up call)
- Randomize the order of questions for different contacts.
TIP: Play a final/end message. It can be added as the last question/message, or as Play Audio action message, or uploaded as a goodbye message under Call Settings. After they responded to all questions or after all messages are played, people can get confused if it suddenly ends or hang-up. So it is always good to end politely with a message. For example, you can say: “Thank you for participating. Have a nice day, goodbye!”
Automated Call Retry
Schedule automated call retries under Call Retry Settings tab to increase the pick up rate of your IVR call. Let the system automatically call the contacts again who did not answer during the first call attempt (they are busy, their battery died, or with network signal issues).
- Concern Hotline: Let people call anytime to report abuse, complaint or issues and get help.
- Customer Feedback: Get customer feedback and improve your product and services.
- Health Education: People will missed call a phone number and they will receive a call back. To retrieve information, they will press keys (e.g., “Press 1 to learn about Malaria”, and “Press 2 to learn about HIV”)
- Voting: Take votes from large audiences by means of keypress options and instantly track results.
- Data Collection: Gather data such demographics via IVR call (better medium for illiterate audiences). Improve timelines and data accuracy with our real-time reports.
Have questions or need a little extra help?