Buying Virtual Local Phone Numbers
A virtual phone number is required when you want to launch two-way SMS campaigns, i.e., where you want your users to be able to send in an SMS Text to you or when you want them to reply to an SMS you send them.
For Voice, a virtual phone number is required for inbound Voice campaigns, i.e., where you want people to call into a phone number and have engageSPARK answer the call and play back an engagement or where you want people to make a missed call to the phone number and have our system immediately call them back or send them an SMS Text message.
You can purchase local phone numbers from our website and use it immediately. Voice numbers are available in 90+ countries and SMS numbers in 50+ countries with high-quality routes. The monthly price of local phone numbers varies depending on the program country and features (SMS-enabled, Voice-enabled or dual-enabled).
There are no commitments, minimums or contracts associated with buying virtual phone (DID) numbers directly from the platform. Our billing is usage-based: Pay only per SMS text delivered and/or for each minute of voice calls answered, and per virtual number you purchase–the rental fees will be billed on a month-to-month basis and will be deducted from your existing account balance.
Important! Please note that Virtual phone numbers likely will not be able to receive SMS activation codes from apps like WhatsApp, Uber, etc., so if you purchase one for this purpose, you are doing so at your own risk and we cannot issue refunds if you try to use a virtual phone number for this purpose.
How to purchase a virtual phone number
- Log in to your engageSPARK account
- Go to Phone Numbers on the top of the website
- Click on the Add Phone Number button
- Filter Results
- Enter the country and hit Search (Optional)
- Filter the results to display SMS-enabled OR Voice-enabled phone numbers by clicking on the checkbox for Voice or SMS. Check both if you want to dual-enabled numbers that support both SMS and Voice (available in some countries).
- Filter the results to show phone numbers that contain the numbers you entered in the search box.
- Click Buy after selecting the phone number you want. It will be in your account instantly to use immediately for 2-way SMS or IVR campaigns.
- If available in your country, you can get dual-enabled numbers (VOICE, SMS) that can send and receive both SMS text and voice call messages.
- You can assign a Nickname to easily remember or identify the phone numbers linked with the engagements.
- The Setup fee listed is a one-time fee upon purchase.
If there are no virtual phone numbers listed for your program country, contact support to verify availability. You can also check about using the Android relay app to convert a local SIM card number into a ‘virtual number‘ that can connect to our platform.
Have questions or need a little extra help? Get in touch via live chat or drop us a message here: